Ben Avery Update, April 2012
Many things are happening at Ben Avery http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/basf_facilities.shtml
Here is a summary:
· The 23rd AAE Arizona Cup was a huge success. International team participation continues to rise.
· The AZGFD Expo took place at the end of March. The JOAD outreach booth was staffed by Hearn, Corner, Targeteers and Desert Sky Archers JOADs. Inquiries ranged from bow hunting to Hunger games to target.
· Archers may check in at any one of three convenient places, the BASF main range, the Clay target center, or the AZGFD headquarters front desk on weekdays.
o Adult fee is $7 per day. Youth ages 5-17 is free. Note that youths are to check in and receive a $0 receipt. Keep the receipt with you and present to the rangers to verify daily check in.
· Air guns of Arizona conduct events at the air gun outdoor field course located to west of the FITA event range parking lot in the cooler months. See the website for a the air gun event calendar http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/Airgunners/
· Thanks to a donation from Kilauea Crushers/Arrowhead materials, ¼” minus rock has been delivered to level area for storage units and raise low areas under the central canopies. Volunteers with rock moving equipment are needed to help spread the rock.
· The FITA practice range, across the street from the FITA event range receives steady use.
· AZGFD/BASF host intro to archery classes regularly. Contact AZGFD/BASF for more information.
Desert Sky Archers at BASF news http://www.desertskyarchers.com/
· The Desert Sky Archers will soon be operating from their own 40’ conex at the BASF FITA range. The space will allow DSA to expand club programs
· DSA and BASF are collaborating to host the BASF 3D league.
· As the summer approaches, DSA are planning indoor range use for club and class activities.
Archers of all ages are representative of sportsmanship, safety and integrity. Welcome others to join in target archery fun as a life time sport. Questions? or to volunteer: Contact email@example.com