|Final results for the 2013 Arizona State JOAD Outdoor Championships. Larger story to follow - Here
|2013 Texas Shootout & Compound World Games Team Trials, April 25-28, 2013 - College Station, Texas|
2013 Easton Foundations Gator Cup May 31-June 2, 2013 Team Trials for the World Archery Championship Team, June 3, 2013
http://www.gatorcup.com/ Newberry, Florida
National Field Championships and World Games Team Trials June 6-8, 2013
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Features/2013/April/03/Registration-Now-Open-for-National-Field-Championships-and-World-Games-Team-Trials.aspx Eagle Lake, Texas
2013 SoCal Showdown World Archery Youth Championships Team Trials, June 21-24, 2013
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Features/2013/March/14/Register-Today-for-SoCal-Showdown.aspx Chula Vista, California
129th U.S. National Target Championships 2013 and U.S. Open July 10-13
Easton JOAD Nationals July 11-14
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Resources/National-Championship-Events.aspx Hamilton, Ohio
|USA Archery JOAD Camp Paseo Vista Chandler, May 24-26, 2013|
Space is limited, sign up soon.
Paseo Vista has been hosting the USAA JOAD camp since 2010. Each year the camp is better than the year before. JOADs that are serious about their target archery will enjoy and learn a lot at the camp. May JOAD come back year after year just for the experience of it all. Parents learn a lot too. Instructors and coaches are welcome to observe and lend a helping hand. The camps fill up quickly, sign up as soon as possible.
|The 2013 USA Archery Arizona State JOAD Indoor Championship will be held on Saturday, February 2 at the Arizona Archery Club. The host club is the Arizona Archery Club JOAD (old Hearn JOAD club). |
Information and Registration can be found here.
Tournament Director is Carmen Gunn at 602-320-5132 or email@example.com
|2013 Upcoming Arizona indoor season|
2013 Arizona State Indoor Championship (USA Archery Arizona)
January 19 - 20, 2013
Archery/ Air Pistol Indoor Range, Ben Avery Shooting Facility, Phoenix, Arizona
2013 USA Archery Arizona JOAD State Indoor Championship
February 2, 2013
2013 NFAA World Archery Festival, Las Vegas
February 8-10, 2013
2013 JOAD National Indoor Championships
Arizonan’s typically take part in the Rio Rancho New Mexico location on February 22, 2013. Youth can then take part in the national indoor championship the next two days and make one trip to compete in two national championships!
Youth can then take part in the national indoor championship the next two days and make one trip to compete in two national championships! Most JOAD families drive to Rio Rancho Friday morning, compete Friday night, Saturday and Sunday morning and drive back on Sunday afternoon. Plan on getting together with fellow AZ archers in Rio Rancho on Saturday night!
44th U.S. National Indoor Championships 2013
Arizonan’s typically take part in the Rio Rancho New Mexico location February 23-24, 2013
Indoor tourneys will continue on in the summer and fall.
|The Copper Star Shooting Range is hosting a tournament on December 22, 2012 at the Copper Star Indoor Shooting Range in Camp Verde, AZ. For more information go here.|
Here is the 2013 ABFAA/NFAA tournament Schedule.
UPCOMING ABFAA/NFAA SHOOTS 2013. For more information go to abfaa.info/index.html
Jan 12 - SW Sectional and Pre-Vegas at AZ Archery Club, Phx
Feb 8-10 - WAF Vegas Shoot at South Point, Las Vegas
Feb 16 - ABFAA Indoor at AZ Archery Club, Phx
Mar 16-17 - NFAA Indoor National at Louisville, KY
April 13-14 - ABFAA State Field (location TBA)
April 20-21 - WAF Classic, Yankton, SD
May 3-5 - NFAA Marked 3D, Redding, CA
June 15-16 - NFAA SW Outdoor Sectional, Albuquerque, NM
July 24-28 - NFAA Outdoor Nationals, Darrington, WA
Nov 2 - ABFAA International Usery
|2013 USAA-Arizona Indoor Championship shall be held on Jan. 19 -20, 2013 at the Indoor Range at Ben Avery Shooting Facility, Phoenix, AZ.|
Now is a good time to get your USA Archery membership in order. Please check out the membership page to sign up or check the status of your existing membership. http://www2.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Membership.aspx
Tournament registration information and forms may be found here
Contact Rick Bachman at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
ABFAA will be hosting a Pre- Vegas shoot in conjunction with the SW Indoor Sectional on Jan 12, 2013 at AZ Archery Club in Phoenix. The shoot will consist of 2 - 300 rounds.
Your score for the two rounds may be used either or both shoots. Registration form and flier may be found at www.abfaa.info
Hope to see you there.
|The Arizona State Archery Association leadership has been busy with a variety of activities:|
1. ASAA BOG 2012 election results:
a. Rick Bachman (Desert Sky Archers) and Sandra Reynolds (Paseo Vista Archery Club) were elected for
two of the three open ASAA BOG positions.
b. Mike Cullumber (Paseo Vista Archery Club) was reelected to the ASAA BOG
c. The BOG will meet promptly to select the BOG officers
2. Eric Bennett and Lynn Van Patter have retired from the ASAA BOG, the ASAA thanks them for their long term
service contributing to the ASAA community.
3. Joe Silvasi (crossbow) has volunteered to lead an ad hoc task group to focus on a dedicated association need.
Joe ran for BOG this past election.
4. The 2012 Duel in the Desert took place at Ben Avery Nov 10-11. California won the women’s, men’s and overall
competition. We thank the volunteers to help us fill almost a full team.
5. The ASAA BOG is in the process proposing a Duel Rules revisions. Example changes in format may include:
a. Equality between compound and recurve (and genders)
b. Including Master and Cadet distances
c. Utilizing contemporary World Archery formats such as sets and team rounds
d. Allowance for CA and AZ teams to have out of state archers join their teams
e. Administrative review of fees, etc.
f. The intent is to have a new format in place for 2013 or suspend Arizona participation.
6. The ASAA is in the final stages of updating the association to become “USA Archery Arizona” (501 C3 State
7. The flag ship of the ASAA, continues to be the Arizona Cup, a USAT and World Ranking Tournament.
2013 registration is available at www.arizonacup.com/2013
8. Arizona archers continue to enjoy a variety of programs offered by World Archery, World Archery Americas, USA
Archery and the ASAA including:
a. State Field Championship
b. State Indoor Championship
c. JOAD Indoor Championship
d. State Outdoor Championship
e. JOAD Outdoor Championship
f. Duel in the Desert Regional Tournament
9. Clubs hosting events were:
a. Paseo Vista Archery Club
b. Papago FITA Archers
c. Hearn Academy JOAD
d. Desert Sky Archers
e. Dine’ College
f. Arizona State Archery Association
10. The recent new interest in archery was able to be managed by ASAA clubs thanks to years of implementation to allow Arizona to readily train instructors and coaches. The key was to develop instructors and coaches that could teach and train more to become certified. The ASAA did so by providing grants to those that were willing to take their time to do so. Key USAA Archery National Training System instruction and coach resources that contribute including via the National JOAD camp Chandler Regional are:
a. Ed Votruba
b. Mike Cullumber
c. Kari Granville
d. Eric Bennett
e. Mel Nichols
f. Gary Yamaguchi
g. Special thanks to Sheri Rhodes, USAA Coach Program and all active ASAA member Instructor and
11. The ASAA also helps new Arizona clubs form by lending startup funds and equipment as well facilitating national
grant applications and advising leadership.
12. ASAA continues to provide equipment for hosting tournaments.
Contact a BOG member for more information. End
|Registration for the 2013 AAE Arizona Cup is now open. This is the 24th year for the tournament and once again it is a World Ranking and USAT series event. Registartion will stay open until the tournament is filled, but remember that registration has closed early for several years now, so get in early.|
Information and Registration is at www.arizonacup.com
|Please share with your club, group, area, family and friends.|
ASAA BOG Election 2012
The ASAA is conducting the annual Board of Governor Election. Election information is provide on the ballot see attached.
Thank you for your USAA Arizona membership and participation
Ballot and information Here
The Arizona State Archery Association, USA Archery Arizona.
Format: Open 300 Round – Vegas Scoring - Outer 10 in the morning. Lunch break, then in the afternoon, the top 16 shoot it out head to head in two flights.
When: JOAD on December 1st, 2012- Adults on December 2nd
Where: AZ Archery Club 1115 W. Deer Valley Rd. Phoenix AZ
Cost: Saturday December 1st-Youth = $30 ($25+$5 lane fee) – Archers under20; Sunday December 2nd-Adults $40 ($30+$10)
For more information and Registration go Here
Results of the 2012 Arizona State Archery Association
FITA Field Adult and JOAD State Championship
The 2012 FITA Field State Championship was held at Usery Mountain Regional Park on October 20 and 21. Over thirty archers competed in the two day contest with many challenging shots on rugged terrain. The first day of competition tested the archer's accuracy for shooting uphill, downhill, across dry deep desert washes at targets from unknown distances between 5 meters to 50 meters. The second day of competition the distances are marked but are longer. Targets only 20 centimeters wides that were hard enough at 5 meters were moved out to 15 meters. The archers had a sunny day on Saturday with temperatures rising throughout the morning of competition. Sunday was sunny, however, stong winds blew in and all archers had to adjust and "play the wind."
The JOAD age archers competed with adults at the same targets, under the same conditions, and only slightly closer.
The 2012 JOAD State Championship results: (Age division per FITA Rules)
Division Name Bow Style Score Place
PEEWEE (under 8): Kelly Mercier (age 7) Bare Bow 122 First
Cadet: Female Hannah Hager Bare Bow 163 First
Cadet: Female Alexis Wade Compound 693 First
Cadet: Female Emily Heath Compound 419 Second
Cadet: Female Meghan Cress Compound 55 Third
Cadet: Male Jeremy Corridori Compound 722 First
Cadet: Male Samuel Lopez Compound 549 Second
Junior: Male Aaron Liptack Compound 181 First
Masters: Female Kathleen Anderson Long Bow 443 First
Masters: Male Richard Doria Long Bow 282 First
Masters: Male David Aprea (70+) Olympic Recurve 533 First
Masters: Male John McCurry (50+) Olympic Recurve 624 First
Masters: Male Gary Yamaguchi Olympic Recurve 605 Second
Senior: Male Nathan Yamaguchi Olympic Recurve 314 First
Senior:Female Kitty Hager Bare Bow 149 First
Senior:Male Brett Wilmore Bare Bow 394 First
Senior:Male Mark Brestel Bare Bow 383 Second
Senior:Male Tom Tuberty Bare Bow 248 Third
Masters:Male Dennis Mowery (60+) Bare Bow 257 First
Masters:Male Dennis Nielsen Bare Bow 235 Second
Masters:Female Caytie Belzner (50+) Compound 683 First
Masters:Male Roland Brown (70+) Compound 545 First
Masters:Male Tom Huteson (60+) Compound 676 First
Masters:Male Charles Winder Compound 600 Second
Masters:Male Mark Hanson (50+) Compound 765 First
Masters:Male Steve Belzner Compound 698 Second
Masters:Male Walt Smith Compound 687 Third
Masters:Male Glenn Liptack Compound 191 Fourth
Seniors:Male Matt Sheldon Compound 700 First
Seniors:Male Paul Barden Compound 665 Second
Seniors:Male Brad Cress Compound 629 Third
Special thanks to the following volunteers, without whose help this tournament would not have possible. It takes a lot of effort to hike up and down the rugged course three times to mark and remark the course, and to then compete. The volunteers were: Caytie Belzner, David Aprea, Mike Lee, Dennis Mowery, Brad Cress, Meghan Cress, and Charles Winder.
Submitted by Richard Doria, FITA Field Director.
|The Dine' College Archery Program is once again hosting the annual Warrior Shootout in Tsaile, Arizona, Navajo Nation on October 27th. This is a great Indoor tournament that helps support the Dine' Archery Team. |
Flyer for information
|ASAA Outdoor championship and AZ Duel in the Desert Trials 2012|
The tourney was well attended, 74 registrants, with the youth archers outnumbering the seniors. Lots of activity including Corner Kids, Eric Bennett Paralympic London 2012 memorabilia, and Hoyt Elite Series (R/C) bow raffles for the Steve Yee Benefit.
Behind the line there were many notables in the stands, and or coaching including:
· KIM Soo Nyung's http://www.archery.org/content.asp?id=1036&me_id=836&cnt_id=6787
· Eric Bennett, London 2012 Paralympian and Beijing 2008 medalist, who presented the state championship awards plaques
· USA Olympian and Medalist Rick McKinney
· USA Olympic Team Coach Mel Nichols
· USA Olympic Coach Sheri Rhodes
· USA Olympic Coach Alexander Kirrillov
· Team leaders and coaches from Paseo Vista, Corner Kidz, Hearn Academy and Desert Sky Archers JOAD teams.
· A large Tucson contingent was also in attendance.
· New for 2012 was Crossbow. Two started, one finished.
· Registration was uneventful others than many were indecisive with regards to duel trials participation.
· Equipment inspection was also uneventful except for the new crossbow participation.
· Some new to USA Archery Arizona Members were given verbal instructions on the dress code to reinforce the printed information.
· Most archers are familiar with music during the competition as is the standard around the world and at national events. Some are not, but are learning.
· Kona Ice provided a nice refreshment.
· Four distance FITA, day one long distances, day two short distances.
· Day one was shot with slight breezes, temp 80 and low 90s and without a single equipment failure. Lunch break and move target break was one hour long each day.
· Day two short distances, had two bounce out at the Bowman 20 meter distance. Weather became windy during the final ends around 1 PM.
The awards ceremony took place as soon as the scorecards were turned in and scores complied on day two. State Championship plaques were presented, name tags to follow.
43 new JOAD Records were set. http://www.azjoad.com/main/Arizona_JOAD_Records_Outdoor_2012-Page2.pdf
The Duel team trails involves a “complex” formula to allow Master and Cadets to compete for the team by using common distance /target face size scores.
Duel Team Results - http://www.azjoad.com/2012/2012_AZ_DUEL_TEAM_TRIALS_RESULTS.pdf
· Registration information: http://www.azjoad.com/2012/2012_ASAA_Outdoor-DuelTT_Info_Registration-Form.pdf
· Results: http://www.azjoad.com/2012/2012_ASAA_Outdoor_Results-Final.pdf
· Ben Avery Shooting Facility FITA Range, Phoenix
· 25 targets
· COJ: Mike Braunstein
· Judge: Sandra Reynolds
· Shadow Judge: Charles Corridori
· DOS: Bob Pian
· Tournament Director/Registration and Results: Rick Bachman
· Bottle water provided by Desert Sky Archers
Thank you to the volunteers from the JOAD clubs for helping to set up and take down.
Photos to follow
Tips for next time:
More volunteers (Typical)
Separate State Championship from Duel Trials (Clubs are encourage to host events at BASF)
Lunch vendor on site
New USAA AZ members and first time tourney archers should be given extra pre tourney instruction regarding dress code (no levis, no camo, sport or other closed toed shoes)
|120 items total